Sunday 16 November 2014

Loved this idea from Sew Home & Style Magazine

and couldn't wait to sit down and have a go. I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy the robin was to make out of small scraps of fabric (if you've got any left over charm pack squares or jelly roll pieces, they're perfect). In the magazine the wooden spool was purely decorative and covered in a scrap of fabric but I decided to make mine a bit more useful so I've used a gorgeous ribbon spool by the lovely Kirsty Allsopp and glued my birdie on the top to make a pin cushion, though he's so cute I don't know if I can bear to stick pins in the poor little chap...


Can't wait to sit down and make some more now.

Have a great Sunday.

Lx

5 comments:

  1. That is an adorable make, Lauren and what a fab giftie it would make too - you have a number of stitchy pals who would love one of those, I bet!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous robin and that ribbon spool is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh this is fab! You are making me want to buy a sewing machine *now* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your robin is fabulous Lauren, love that you've found such a great project for using up scrappy pieces of fabric, such a great idea. The ribbon spool looks great too.

    I don't know if I could stick pins into this cute bird myself ! Would just feel so wrong LOL

    luv
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Lauren, I don't think I could stick pins in him.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.