Thursday 30 June 2016

PAPERARTSY PLAY - THE EYES SEE EVERYTHING

Sometimes things seem to take an AGE to actually come together. I had the idea for this page back in February when Emma Godfrey released her Dream stamps AND PaperArtsy released their new Infusions range.

Well you know how it is, things got busy and I didn't get a chance to get back to my journal spread until this morning while I was waiting for a couple of things to dry...

Here at last is the finished spread and I am mighty pleased with it...


I drew the basic shape of the eye with a black Pitt Pen, used the small circle from Emma's EEG18 set for the iris of the eye and coloured the pupil with a black Pitt pen. I've layered them onto the page with gloss gel medium to give them a bit more dimension on the page and the highlights were done with my White Posca Pen.  The eyelashes are made with one of Emma's Mini 17 stamp. (The one I used for my flower page a couple of weeks ago).



I wanted to see if I could target the Infusions to a very small space directly on the page and was pleased to find that if I filled the large dots (again from EEG18) with water from my paintbrush and then sprinkled on the Infusions, before blowing away the excess, it worked like a charm (I used Golden Sands because I like the way it works with A Bit Jaded, the colour I used for the iris of the eye). I've lifted them with a dot of Glossy Accents and I think they look a bit like Tiger's Eye beads.



I do like contrasts and, for the wording on the page I used two of the stamps from an Ink and the Dog set called Femme. I stamped the Fatal Error stamp fairly haphazardly (As haphazardly as a pointy pencil can manage, that is) and then washed it back with a thin layer of Snowflake and a thin layer of Blue Oyster Fresco Finish paints. Unusually for me, I applied the paint with a baby wipe. It's not something I usually do but it gave me a nice thin wash of colour and knocked the first layer of writing back enough for you to see the focal images. The main quote was stamped with black Archival ink and I've picked out the word "eyes" with glossy accent to bring it forward.

Job done.

Right, back to work now. No rest for the wicked...

Lx



6 comments:

  1. FAB-u-LOUS missus, love how you made up those eyes, you really do "think outside the box".

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant spread Lauren, love those eyes!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful work Lauren, I love your page to bits!!!!
    Hugs,
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this came out beautifully! I love the eyes, and the drops of Infusions are so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab journal page Lauren, in fact a wowser! I love those Infusions too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic spread! Great use of the Infusions Lauren! Love those dots of orange!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.