Friday 8 July 2016

THAT'S CRAFTY CHALLENGE - FEMININE

Morning crafty people

It's time for another challenge at That's Crafty and this time it is "Feminine".

I had a rummage through my stash and came up with these gorgeously feminine stamps by Kay Carly for PaperArtsy. I used a mixture of watercolours, distress inks and Fresco Finish paints to get the effect I wanted and, though I will probably tweak it some more at some point by adding some longer grasses and softening the point where the blue meets the green, I'm fairly pleased with it so far.


I'm particularly pleased with the flowers and all the little dots and splatters. As I'm sure you gathered it's supposed to be raining.... A little tongue in cheek but summer ain't summer in the UK without a bit of rain and we've had more than our fair share this year haven't we. The little circles were made using a white Posca Pen and That's Crafty's Punchinella Dinky Stencil.


Anyhoo, I hope you'll pop along to That's Crafty's Challenge Blog and join in with the fun. As usual there is a £20 prize for one lucky winner, who will be picked at random. Good luck...

Lx

11 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the Cadbury's flake advert where the girl walks through a field of poppies - delightfully feminine make .. darn it! Now I want chocolate!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, the flowers are a fresh and lively pop of joy on a dismal summer day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Lauren, I must admit I've got my eye on that stamp set and you've just given me a big nudge to buy it ha ha
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully Femine Lauren great choice of stampsx x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Lauren! We stopped at George Bernard Shaw's house today, near Codecote, and there were some lovely flowers just like that in the gardens :o)
    Have a great weekend!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, it's beautiful, Lauren - LOVE the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Lauren and I so love those gorgeous flowers. The little dots are a fab finishing touch too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful your flowers really pop off the page, love this
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic project Lauren, the watercolours works so beautiful. I love the Kay's flowers image and the vertically words. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's just lovely, Lauren - the watercolour background is stunning with exactly that freshness that comes with a summer shower, and the zing of the flowers is fabulous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.