Thursday 26 November 2015

MASTERBOARDS - PAPERARTSY

Topic 22 at PaperArtsy is Masterboards. I'm pretty new to these but what's not to love, right?

I'm finding it hard to tear myself away from Emma's latest Christmas release at the moment. It's just so useful. It was on my desk the other day and I noticed the tags looked like little houses, which led to this card.


I kept my masterboard really simple and used a combination of one of my all time favourite stencils, again by Emma Godfrey for PaperArtsy - 018 EEG . I just painted the whole background with Space Cadet Fresco Paint and stencilled the stars in four different colours of Fresco Paints (Chalk, Pewter, Antarctic and Inky Pool.


The stamping is done with white archival ink and white embossing powder. I used the let it snow stamp from the set and the small snowflake.

The tree trunks are from the same stencil. I just added some details with black fineliner. The treetops are the bigger snowflakes from the stamp set, stamped, heat embossed and cut out.

You've still got plenty of time to join in with this topic at PaperArtsy. There's some great inspiration there so nip over and take a look.

Lx

13 comments:

  1. Turned in to another triumph missus - how would I EVER have guessed you might have chosen BLUES!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous make, great idea with the tags - who doesn't love a good masterboard! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card! You are so clever to see the door shape in the tag but you are right- it works perfectly. fab masterboard. I must try making some for cards and other projects- it's something I'm not sure I have done much, if at all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant card Lauren, great idea to use a tag for a door - why don't I ever have clever ideas like that!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! So clever to use the tags like that! Gorgeous card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and love what you've done with the tags. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snowy masterboard and the tag house is adorable!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren, love this fun card. Love the tag doors, so very creative. Stenciled stars look awesome.

    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, now I've got that blasted 1980's song...Starry Starry Night...who the hell sung that???? That's the opening croony line....arrgghhhh...wanders off to google...damn earworm!

    nice card BTW! LOL ~Leandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be Don McLean :oD And now you've got me at it too. Thanks for that.... I think... ;oD

      Delete
  10. Love your master board, great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, lauren, that door tag is so effective,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.